Burning fossil fuels releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere; so does cutting down forests for logging or habitat conversion.
Part A: Explain how logging and deforestation also contribute to increased levels of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Part B: Predict the long term effects of increased CO2 in the atmosphere on plant communities.
We recommend that you administer these questions as homework and preface the question with these instructions for students:
"For the following question, please respond to the best of your knowledge and using only the information in the question and what you know. Please do not refer to any outside sources (textbooks, notes, internet, etc.). Any reasonable attempt to answer the question will be awarded full credit."
To administer this question:
- Create a text question in your learning management system
- Copy the text and any images for the question from this web site and paste it into your learning management system.
To analyze your data for questions with Reports Available:
- Login to your account on this website
- Return to this question
- Click on the link below Analyze your data for this question.
- Upload your spreadsheet for analysis
For this item, students are given one set-up paragraph, then given two separate question prompts (one for the explain question, and a second for the predict question) and separate text boxes to input their response.