Version 2: Using your knowledge of genetics, explain how human brain cells and heart cells are different.
These items have been converted from the Genetics Concept Assessment by Smith et al.
1. Which of the following human cells contains a gene that specifies eye color?
a) Cells in the eye.
b) Cells in the heart.
c) Gametes (sperm and egg).
d) Cells in the eye and gametes.
e) All of the above.
We recommend that you administer these questions as homework and preface the question with these instructions for students:
"For the following question, please respond to the best of your knowledge and using only the information in the question and what you know. Please do not refer to any outside sources (textbooks, notes, internet, etc.). Any reasonable attempt to answer the question will be awarded full credit."
To administer this question:
- Create a text question in your learning management system
- Copy the text and any images for the question from this web site and paste it into your learning management system.
To analyze your data for questions with Reports Available:
- Login to your account on this website
- Return to this question
- Click on the link below Analyze your data for this question.
- Upload your spreadsheet for analysis