The pathway shown below depicts the conversion of thiamine phosphate to both isobutyryl-CoA (IB-CoA) and dimethylacryloyl-CoA (DMA-CoA).
a. Consider what happens if IV-CoA can no longer bind to enzyme B. Do you predict that this will affect flux through the pathway as a whole?
Yes, flux will be affected.
No, flux will not be affected.
b. Provide a scientific explanation to support your prediction.
This question was developed by Paula Lemons' BioSTEPs research group at the University of Georgia with funding from NSF DRL 1350345.
We recommend that you administer these questions as homework and preface the question with these instructions for students:
"For the following question, please respond to the best of your knowledge and using only the information in the question and what you know. Please do not refer to any outside sources (textbooks, notes, internet, etc.). Any reasonable attempt to answer the question will be awarded full credit."
To administer this question:
- Create a text question in your learning management system
- Copy the text and any images for the question from this web site and paste it into your learning management system.
To analyze your data for questions with Reports Available:
- Login to your account on this website
- Return to this question
- Click on the link below Analyze your data for this question.
- Upload your spreadsheet for analysis