Pressure gradients in tubes
The same kind of fluid flows through three very long identical tubes. Each tube has the same diameter but different flow rates of fluid. A scientist measures the pressure of the fluid near the beginning and near the end of each tube.
Which tube has the greatest flow rate (L/min) of fluid?
a) Tube 1
b) Tube 2
c) Tube 3
Explain why the tube you selected has the greatest flow rate (L/min) of liquid.
Topics:Bulk Flow, Flux, Generic, Physiology, Biology
This question has two parts; a multiple choice selection followed by an open response.
To analyze your data for questions with Reports Available:
- Login to your account on this website
- Return to this question
- Click on the link below Analyze your data for this question.
- On your spreadsheet, verify that the multiple-choice selections have the text of the choice rather than ‘a, b, c’.
- Upload your spreadsheet for analysis
- Use the ‘Student Text Response Column (Start)’ dropdown menu to select the column containing the student responses to the multiple-choice part of the question.
- Use the ‘Student Text Response Column (End)’ dropdown menu to select the column containing the student responses to the open response part of the question.
- Both columns containing student responses should now be highlighted in teal in the preview pane.
- Add a note (e.g. pre-instruction) to your file if desired
We recommend that you administer these questions as homework and preface the question with these instructions for students:
"For the following question, please respond to the best of your knowledge and using only the information in the question and what you know. Please do not refer to any outside sources (textbooks, notes, internet, etc.). Any reasonable attempt to answer the question will be awarded full credit."